We've built a product landing site to discuss the value behind upgrading to MySQL 8 Enterprise.
in most cases
- The lifetime product support which includes hands-on assistance by MySQL Engineers at no additional cost
- Document Storage which allows you to store JSON documents (up to 1 GB in size) as a collection in the same database as your relational data
- Backup Options that include hot & warm, incremental and differential backups
- A SQL Firewall you can train to accept/reject SQL statements
- Built-in audits of user activity to an XML or JSON file that can be exported to other monitoring platforms
And those are just some of the Enterprise features; the MySQL 8 InnoDB engine performance has been tweaked to almost 2x that of the latest MySQL 5 version, with a ton of performance tweaks and enhancements happening all across the board. MySQL 8 marks one of the most cloud-friendly releases as well; Oracle has made no restriction on where MySQL Enterprise is run, allowing you to deploy to the cloud vendor of your choice - while offering incentives and discounts to Oracle Partners (wink, wink!) to get customers to consider their own competitively-priced cloud platform.
We also put up an article discussing the release and why we built the site on LinkedIn - check it out!
We'll be posting more articles on the site to discuss features, compare MySQL Enterprise to the cloud offerings, and more. If you're interested in learning what it would cost your company to upgrade and/or use Oracle Cloud to host your MySQL Enterprise environment, let us know and we'll get a quote out to you within one business day.
Looking for help upgrading MySQL? Contact us for a quote - not only is it free, but we can help you find what you're looking for at a better price than most consulting firms!